
brad has an interesting post about failure
"I’ve noticed a pattern in many of the VC and entrepreneur blogs I read – very few people ever talk about failure.
Failure is a key part of entrepreneurship. As an entrepreneur, angel investor, and venture investor, I’ve had lots of success, but I’ve also had lots of failures. So has everyone that I know that has accomplished much of anything..."
as i mentioned in my earlier post mistakes are a function of the complexity of what you're trying to do. no surprise then, that entrepreneurs are riddled with mistakes (starting a company is in my opinion one of the most complex (ad)ventures).
i agree with brad and would like to see more people talk about failure. the current influx of success stories can't possibly be a reflection of reality. (of course there's 'the bubble' but that , on the other extreme, was not a reflection of normalcy/reality either)
No comments:
Post a Comment